Gozo Action Group to launch ‘Measure 125’ for agriculture
|Email item||Print item||
The Gozo Action Group will shortly be launching Measure 125: Infrastructure related to the development and adaptation of agriculture, under the Rural Development Programme for Malta (2007-2013).
Measure 125 is to facilitate the development and adaptation of agriculture by supporting the improvement of the necessary infrastructure, and to address farm accessibility, which is one of the major limitations affecting agricultural land quality and productivity.
The Gozo Action Group said, “this implies that only actions put forward to increase accessibility leading to agricultural holdings by farmers through the upgrading of existing farm access roads and passageways are permitted under this particular call.”
“Projects proposed under this Measure must ensure that there is no discrimination between farmers who will benefit from the project. Furthermore the scope of the proposed projects must only and exclusively be for agricultural purposes.”
The eligible applicants for this particular call for funding under Measure 125 are Local Councils, legally constituted farmers’ groups and associations (such as Producer Organisations, Cooperatives, Associations and ad hoc farmer groupings legally formed for the purposes of the project), and non-governmental organisations (NGOs).
Potential beneficiaries who wish to improve access to the agricultural holdings by farmers through the upgrading of existing farm access roads and passageways are required to apply for the expression of interest which will be online to download once the call is launched.
Access roads and passageways must be located within the territory of the Gozo Action Group Foundation.
The total budget allocation under this call is capped at €192,000 of which 75% will be financed through the EAFRD whilst the remaining 25% will be financed by the Maltese Government. The maximum grant allowed for each applicant is up to €30,000.
Once the call is launched, the Expression of interest and Guidelines will be available for download. For more information, Local Councils and other entities are encouraged to contact the Gozo Action Group Foundation (GAGF) on 21566216 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.