Xaghra to host a spectacular night of fireworks to music this month
|Email item||Print item||
Later this month Xaghra, in Gozo will once again host an evening of displays for this year’s 18th edition of the Malta International Fireworks Festival.
ere will be a number of local and foreign fireworks factories taking part in the competitive event, which always attracts large crowds from across the island, as well as those who travel over from Malta to to enjoy the spectacular, colourful pyrotechnic displays synchronised to music.
For this fourth year of the event in Xaghra the The Maltese competitors are:
• Lourdes Fireworks Factory – San Gwann • Kamra tan-Nar Madonna tac-Cintura – Gudja • St.Philip Fireworks Factory – Zebbug • Kamra tan-Nar San Bert – Gharghur. • Mount Carmel Fireworks Factory – Zurrieq • Santa Marija Fireworks Complex – Mgarr • La Stella Fireworks Factory – Gudja **
** Providing closing Salute.
The two international fireworks factories are:
Pyrocom From Estonia • Founded In 2018, however, they form part of Suomen Ilotulitus Oy, which has been in the industry since 1948 • Have performed in over 30 countries around the world • Perform over 400 shows annually worldwide • One of the largest fireworks and special effects companies in Northern Europe • Guarantee the perfect synchronisation of music and fireworks.
Platinum Fireworks from Valenzuela City, Philippines • Founded in 2002 • Their aerial displays have brightened numerous town fiestas and corporate clients • World-renowned pyrotechnic designer Patrice Guy, joined the company, bringing with him over 30 years worth of experience • Held the Guinness World Record for the Largest fireworks show (from 2017 till 2018)
Recent Displays and Awards
• 2018 – 1st Place at Sea Fire Fireworks Festival’ Gold Coast (Australia)
• 2018 – 1st Place at Wanzai Music Fireworks Festival’ China
• 2018 – 2nd Place at Pyromagic Fireworks Competition’ Poland
• 2016 – 1st Place at Potashcorp Fireworks Festival’ Canada
• 3 times grand champions of the Philippines National Fireworks Competition (2001, 2004 & 2006).
The Xaghra event for the Malta International Fireworks Festival is on Saturday, the 27th of April, from 7.30pm to 11.00pm. The full times for the programme will be announced closer to the date.
Photograph by Alain Salvary