Gozo Work Trial Scheme For Youths launched for third year running
|Email item||Print item||
The Work Trial Scheme For Youths has been launched by the Ministry for Gozo for the third year running.
The Ministry said that the aim of the scheme is to give young people an opportunity during the summer to experience the world of work with private entities and non-governmental organisations.
Speaking at the launch, Minister for Gozo Justyne Caruana said that the Government is investing a great deal in young people and welcomes any suggestions from this section of society.
She added that the world of work is changing and therefore it is important that students are trained, prepared and advised of the opportunities that exist.
Dr Caruana explained that through this scheme, students can work both with private, as well as with voluntary organisations, thus increasing the value of work, as well as that of respect and solidarity.
Through this scheme, students will earn €85 per week, this is an increase of €10 on last year, making a total of €425 for five weeks.
The Minister went on to say that this scheme will also serve as an incentive for the private sector to employ students during the summer, as five weeks of the period will be financed by the Ministry for Gozo.
The scheme comes into force on the 5th of August until the 6th of September. Applications open on Monday, the 1st of July and close on Friday, the 5th of July.
Applications are available and must be submitted online on the www.mgoz.gov.mt website or mobile app, mygozo.